Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend RoundUp

This weekend was alot of fun. It was quiet. It was a ride. It was spent with great friends. It was completely laid back. Just what we needed.
Friday night Jeff decided he was going to meet some of his buddies at the race track...well, I wanted to spend time with him so I offered to go. Only catch was....I wouldn't get on his bike. I gave in. For the first time ever, I rode on the motorcycle. My stomach was in my throat, my hands gripped so tightly I was white-knuckled. At each turn, each hill, and each speed increase....I prayed for my life! Not to knock Jeff's driving skills, but I feared for my life. literally. Only because I have never ridden on the back of the bike and it was a scary experience. Will I do it again? Probably not. It was fun though.
Saturday we spent all day at Amanda & Daniel's. Literally. Amanda & I went to the Farmer's Market in Canon City. I got a fresh loaf of Focaccia bread (which I will share later), fresh Pueblo grown peaches, fresh onions, and the most delicious salsa. While we shopped, the guys fished. they fished 3 times. Sadly, the fish weren't biting.



The delicious, well worth the $9, homemade salsa. (Jeff isn't a fan, so it's all mine.)

I also picked up this awesome iced tea pitcher for future parties. I can't wait to serve lemonade, iced tea, and sangria.
After the farmer's market we went back to their house and munched on all kinds of food until dinner time. The guy's fishing trip was rained out a few times, so they worked on the horse arena. My video gaming, Ameri.can E.agle wearing soldier WORKED ON THE ARENA. I didn't get to see him, but I heard he had a blast. He's turning in to a country boy yet! We enjoyed a great day with them and always look foward to hanging out with them.

Jeff hanging out with Tips & Sparkle


Sunday I caught up on my sleep (accidentally missed church, ignored alarm clock) while hubby had yet another day of staff duty. After sleeping (almost half the day) I finally started dinner. Here's where the focaccia bread comes in....
I made chicken tomato basil bruschetta.
Check the bottom of the post for the recipe.

There was a victory this weekend. I have always feared Daniel's dog, Cyrus. He's a trained guard dog so he's not a fan of peppy girls. ha! The first time I saw him I said, (in a sorta high pitched voice) "HI CYRUS" and he growled. Each time they would let him out of his room I would stiffen up and just avoid eye contact.

Well, this weekend not only did he come up to me begging for me to pet him...he even saw an opportunity where my foot was hanging off the couch and begged for me to pet him with me feet. Ha! I thought it was hilarious. I was probably shaking like crazy, but I think I made a new friend. :)

And today, this is what our outdoor thermometer is reading....so this is what most of us are doing today......


I'm not a cook so excuse the poorly written recipe.

Bruschetta recipe

What you need.....

1.Boneless, skinless chicken breast (I used two pieces-one small, one medium) I marinated in garlic and olive oil for about 2 hours.

2. Half of a tomato (cut in to small chunks)

3. 1 tbsp. of basil

4. Olive Oil

5. Garlic Powder

6. Focaccia bread or Italian bread (cut in to small bite-size squares)

7. Fresh mozarella cheese (shredded or cut in to small pieces)

What to do....

1. Cook chicken on stove top and cut in to small chunks

2. Mix tomato chunks and basil with two tbsps of olive oil

3. Bake bread pieces at 350 degrees for 15 minutes flipping once until dry and lightly brown.

4. Warm olive oil and garlic on stove top. Place bread pieces in olive oil and flip once. Do not submerge the bread in the oil just lightly cover it in the oil/garlic mixture.

5. Mix the tomato, basil, and chicken all together.

6. Place the mix on bread pieces.

7. Sprinkle each piece with fresh mozarella cheese.

8. Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned.

No comments: