Monday, December 29, 2008
Im having a great time.
I have been able to see my Parents, my GrandmaAnna, Lucy, Mama Hope (Lucy's mom), Krissy, Robbie, RJ (cousin), Hailey, Aunt Sue, Uncle Ray, Jamison, Jennifer, Coben, Baby Alexia, Sarah.....
Now, I just need to see Tasha, Carrie, Baby Alexis, Melynie, Ashly, Teena, and a few other people.
Im super excited that I can see all of my bestest friends and enjoy many laughs and great times. I wish that I could stay longer, but I need to get home to my doggies and my Christmas presents waiting at home for me.
I'll post pics later.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
I called dad....at least 4 times that day to give him the information. He promised to keep it a secret from mom. So 8 hours later, I was on a plane to South Carolina. During my layover, in Dallas, I got a text from my mom saying "so when are you coming in..." WHAT?!!
She claims she woke up with "mother's intuition" and new something was going on. Plus, she added that my dad cannot lie very well. So, with only 2 hours left until I would arrive at GSP she figured it out and quickly prepared for my visit. It was still a good surprise for her. Of course, this Christmas morning my cards and gifts are sitting under my tree (in Hawaii) still wrapped waiting for my return next week.
It's great to be here...but, OMGosh it's freezing. The moment i stepped into Dallas I could see my breath....which has been warmly hiding since we moved to Hawaii. My toes are frozen and my nose is cherry red....it's a funny sight. Everyone claims that its warm here...but I beg to differ.
So far, I've spent most of my time with one my best friends....Anna and her daughter Lucy. The last time I saw them was during my visit in 2006. Not much has changed except....well, Lucy. It was funny getting her to open up to me..but she's quite comfy now. She constantly yells....AUNT ETHAL!!!! Which is my nickname from the McCorkle family (Anna's parents). Its been alot of fun...
My agenda is quite important and full of tasty treats.
1. Enjoy chick-fil-A (completed 10-22)
2. Enjoy Zaxby's (completed 10-23)
3. Enjoy Fatz cafe (completed 10-24)4. Shop at Victoria Secret (completed a few times!)
5. Shop at Target (completed 10-22)
6. Bring home souvenirs from each place....for friends.
7. Visit Anna, Krissy, Teena, Tasha, parents, family...etc. (too many to count) (almost completed)
8. Stay warm! (thanks to Anna...my new coat is keeping me warm.)
9. Go out with folks and friends for New Years...
10. Enjoy parents hot tub. (enjoyed a few times!!!)
Merry christmas and Happy New Years Day.
I also wanted to share a few photos from my visit but the link is not working so check them out in my myspace photos..under SC visit Dec. 2008. So far, I've met Santa...he surprised us while visiting some family friends...he forgot to bring Jeff with him though...so I kicked him out. I also took lots of pics with Lucy. You should compare our pictures from 2006 (under my photos) and see how much she's grown.
I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas with many memories and smiles. The Lord has blessed us greatly and stayed with us as we overcame many obstacles and continue to climb. I hope everyone feels his blessings this holiday season. Ill post more pics and more updates as my week goes on.....Sunday one of my bestestesteset friends is coming to visit from Georgia with her baby so I"ll have more pics nad updates to share.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
How many more of you will do this??? I think this is a great way to get your priorities in line....remember to LIVE and enjoy life first...then stress.
1. Become closer to God
2. Move to Colorado (January 2010)
3. Have a baby (someday?)
4. Finish my Master's in Education (May 2009)
5. Become a Certified Teacher in Colorado
6. Purchase Jeff's first bike (October 2009)
7. Give back to my parents/in laws (BIG TIME)
8. Donate to children in honor of our 3 angel babies
9. Do something special for Jeff
10. Finish losing weight
11. Continue 8 miles a day (even after Jeff returns)
12. Save for baby fund
13. Save for Italy fund (2011)
14. Visit after my sister has her baby (March 2009)
15. Drive from Colorado to SC and PA
16. Visit DisneyLand or DisneyWorld
17. Become a full time teacher in Colorado
18. Keep up my 3.9 GPA...or get 4.0
19. Read the entire bible
20.Become debt free (minus Student loans)
21. Make another deployment scrapbook
22. Encourage hubby to finish school
23. Strengthen my marriage
24. Make a new friend every month
25. Mow the backyard (anyday now.....hmmm)
26. Deal with my grief from the miscarriages
27. Continue fertility options
28. Try a new meal (something I would never consider)
29. Find out why Lucki scratches so much.
30. Save for a deposit on a new home (in about 8 years)
31. Trade in our cars for a safe SUV
32. Enjoy Colorado's snow
33. Call my sister's more often
34. Enjoy 5 moments w/o cell phone or interruption (WITH HUBBY OF COURSE)
35. Pray outside of the box (little inside thing)
36. Finish my homework sooner than 1 day before due date
37. Study for the Praxis exams
38. Ace the Praxis exams
39. Learn to be a little more patient
40. Clean my house from corner to corner monthly....or bi-monthly LOL
41. Sing louder in church
42. Send out christmas cards with Jeff photoshopped in the pic
43. Get an oil change every 3,000 miles without hubby nagging me.
44. Start Jeff's car during this deployment every week.
45. Learn to be thankful for little things....like my puppies kisses.
46. Maintain garden in Hawaii AND Colorado (except in the snow)
47. STAND UP FOR MYSELF!
48. Work on my hearing (hmm..what'd you say?)
49. Host a great Christmas brunch
50. Improve my aim (at the range)