Friday, October 16, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

So, it's been a while since I've updated and wanted to show the changes we've had and the changes to come. First, our family has expanded....no, I'm not pregnant. We added a furbaby to our family. Her name is Chloe, she's a chihuahua/corgi mix and she's a wonderful delight. She potty trained herself and has made her place in this house. Her brothers love her.....sometimes. She has claimed her spot on the bed and on the couch. She fell in love with Jeff the first few days he was home and has grown soooo attached to him. If I leave to go to class she cries and whines for me until Jeff entertains her and she does the same thing when he leaves for work every morning. She's definately our little girl...for now.

I also changed my hair...surprise surprise right! ha! I decided that darker was better and Jeff agreed so a week prior to his homecoming I went DARK. My wonderful hair dresser Keiko made my hair look awesome! It has three shades of brown in it and the bottom layer being sooo dark it's almost black...I LOVE IT! Here's a before and after pictures. The before picture was taken in July after Pam highlighted my hair. I am so indecisive when it comes to color...so I just change it a few times a year and get the best of both worlds.

BeforeAfter

The biggest change of all....we're moving to Colorado in 4 short months!! I am overly excited about this move and cannot wait to experience the many many road trip opportunities the mainland has to offer. We are both looking forward to visiting our families more than once a year and actually driving more than 40 miles in one day. I'm a little worried about how our dogs will handle the really cold ground since they are all three bread & born Hawaiian! But, I did get them adorable booties and jackets that will hopefully keep them warm and cozy. I cannot wait to trade in my slippas for boots and feel the snow in my hands. One of the things I miss most about the mainland is the seasonal change. We have two season....summer and spring. Leaves don't chane, we don't get snow, and all that comes with the change is rain and wind. I am very much looking forward to looking out my window at a scenery similar to this. The many color changes in the leaves and the cool breeze when fall appears.
We are leaving in mid-Feb and that day cannot get here fast enough. I think I'm a little more excited than Jeff...but in due time, he'll get there too!

As for now, I'm off to shower and enjoy having hubby home :)

No comments: