Saturday, October 27, 2012

Minnie Mouse Party

Today was Peighton's birthday party! It was fabulous and everything I could have hoped for her. Daddy was even able to skype with us and sing happy birthday, watch her blow out her candle, eat her cake and watch her open her gifts. So many great friends came to celebrate our baby girl's 1st birthday. I am so thankful for the friendships we have been able to make when we are so far from our families. They truly make being 1500 miles from home easier.

First I have to share this picture. It makes me laugh so hard. Her daddy always did this one pose when he was young that we affectionately call "the jeff" and here she is in a very candid moment doing the same pose. Just cracks me up.

 I have many many pictures to share, but unfortunately only a few of them came from my camera so I'm waiting for others to share. For now, here's a few from the smash cake moment! (she really didn't smash it like I expected her...more like eat the polka dots and with a little help from mom smashing her hand in the cake encouragement she did get to enjoy more of the cake.


For now, I'm going to rest my head on my very comfy pillow and hopefully get a full night of sleep. This was an exhausting, eventful, and FUN day. Goodnight and God Bless.

No comments: