Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update on my 101 things to do list.

So I posted this a few months ago. These are 50 of the 101 goals that I hope to achieve in 16 months. I put a few updates beside some of them. Just thought I'd share some of my progress over the past few months!

1. Become closer to God (working on that everyday)
2. Move to Colorado (January 2010)
3. Have a baby (someday?)
4. Finish my Master's in Education (working on that everyday...too)
5. Become a Certified Teacher in Colorado
6. Purchase Jeff's bike (October 2009)
7. Give back to my parents/in laws (BIG TIME)
8. Donate to children in honor of our 3 angel babies
9. Do something special for Jeff (working on that for r&r)
10. Finish losing weight (20 lbs down...only 10 more to go)
11. Continue 8 miles a day (even after Jeff returns) (still doing it...most days)
12. Save for baby fund
13. Save for Italy fund (2011)
14. Visit after my sister has her baby (March 2009)
15. Drive from Colorado to SC and PA
16. Visit DisneyLand or DisneyWorld
17. Become a full time teacher in Colorado
18. Keep up my 3.9 GPA...or get 4.0 (still maintaining that 4.0)
19. Read the entire bible (working on this chapter by chapter)
20.Become debt free (minus Student loans) (VERY VERY close)
21. Make another deployment scrapbook (havent even started)
22. Encourage hubby to finish school
23. Strengthen my marriage
24. Make a new friend every month (made 2 this month)
25. Mow the backyard (anyday now.....hmmm) (the nice housing guys did that for me.)
26. Deal with my grief from the miscarriages (praying about that everyday)
27. Continue fertility options (on hold until hubby is home)
28. Try a new meal (something I would never consider) (did that....Thanks to Roxy)
29. Find out why Lucki (& now Makai) scratches so much. (hmm...vet appt on Feb. 4)
30. Save for a deposit on a new home (in about 8 years)
31. Trade in our cars for a safe SUV (kind of working on that....next month)
32. Enjoy Colorado's snow
33. Call my sister's more often (hmm...waiting on them to call me back)
34. Enjoy 5 moments w/o cell phone or interruption with hubby (will do next month)
35. Pray outside of the box (little inside thing) (try to do that...everynight)
36. Finish my homework sooner than 1 day before due date (not happening...yet)
37. Study for the Praxis exams (slowly)
38. Ace the Praxis exams
39. Learn to be a little more patient (it's actually happening...thanks to prayer)
40. Clean my house from corner to corner monthly....or bi-monthly LOL (HAHAHAHAH)
41. Sing louder in church
42. Send out christmas cards with Jeff photoshopped in the pic (DID IT!)
43. Get an oil change every 3,000 miles without hubby nagging me. (DID IT!)
44. Start Jeff's car during this deployment every week. (hmmm....nope)
45. Learn to be thankful for little things....like my puppies kisses. (learning...slowly)
46. Maintain garden in Hawaii AND Colorado (except in the snow) (NOPE)
47. STAND UP FOR MYSELF! (i tried....i did it with one person..but not with the one person i needed to)
48. Work on my hearing (hmm..what'd you say?)
49. Host a great Christmas brunch (went home instead.)
50. Improve my aim (at the range)

IM HOPING THAT MY LIST ENCOURAGES SOMEONE ELSE TO MAKE A LIST OF GOALS, RESOLUTIONS, HOPES, DREAMS WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT AND MAKES A POINT TO COMPLETE THE LIST. THIS IS ONLY HALF MY LIST...BUT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE, I DONT WANT TO GET AHEAD OF MYSELF AND LOSE SIGHT OF MY GOALS.

IF ANYONE ELSE TRIES THIS LET ME KNOW. I'D LOVE TO COMPARE GOALS AND METHODS TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS.

GOD BLESS. NIGHT

No comments: