Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Duggars!


Yesterday I had an incredible experience. A dear friend (I won't be like your mom C and embarass you by your celebrity status) got 5 tickets to visit Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs. They were hosting some very special guests, THE DUGGARS! It was so much fun and I got to go with some great friends!

First, in true Lily & Leza form we arrived to the event several hours early (some things are worth standing in line for we believe). We visited the book store to purchase their book and get a good place in line. We got great seats in the 7th row!
The event began with Michelle & Jim Bob introducing their family followed by a few beautifully rehearsed songs and violin playing. They are all so talented even the smallest of them had tiny violins that looked like they came out of a cracker jack box.

Then, Jim Bob & Michelle told us their life story. I've heard it several times and it still gives me chills. Their devotion to Jesus Christ and their faith is admirable. They gave great advice for newlyweds, marriages, raising children, financial freedom, and family. They shared their favorites verses from the bible and verses that impacted their lives. Towards the end of the story (which lasted about an hour) they had a Q&A session. They did not ask my question (but got very close to Lily's question), but I did win a gift bag from them....with their book (that I bought 2 hours previously) and their 2 seasons of 17, 18 kids & Counting!

Then, the best part came! A meet greet with the family. We got our books signed by almost all of the Duggars...even GRANDMA DUGGAR! I was so excited to meet them. While standing in line (which lasted 3 hours) we were interviewed for the show. I'm not sure if we'll make the cut, but it would be so awesome if so! We even had to sign a release to appear on the show. We were all in shock when they asked us questions that we didn't really know what to say or how to answer them...kind of embarrassing. They asked us who our favorite Duggars are and I said "Josh & Anna" and then when I got to meet them I was so thrilled! Lily took some awesome pictures of me with them, but I will share those later. Anna even complimented me on my necklace (which I made) and then made a hint that her birthday was coming up, so she may be receiving a gift from me very soon. We even got to be a part of the crowd that said "Coming up on 18 kids & counting" that plays during commercial breaks.




Overall, it was a great experience. They are an ordinary (ok maybe a little bigger), talented, christian family that serves God, shares His word, and shares their story of how He has blessed their lives. What an inspiration! I can't wait to see this episode (they should would most likely be in April or May). P.S. They are skiing tomorrow so that will be VERY interesting to see how that goes with all those little ones and all that energy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm a friend of Kristy Lawrence's~that is how I got the link to your blog. First, I'm soo thrilled about your little bundle of joy! What a blessing. I've got you all in my prayers.

I can't believe you got to see the Duggars. That is so amazing. I watch them weekly and am such a fan. They are so completely inspiring! I am now reading their book for the third time. :)

If you'd like to check out my blog, the link is on Kristy blog. It's The Jacob Family Album.
Also, here's the direct address babylailai.blogspot.com


~Amy

Sam said...

Hey chicky, that's awesome! I am so addicted to that show LOL. Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Hope your little bun in the oven is doing well!! =)