Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DIY-Easter Wreath

I found a blog that showed how to make a wreath from cupcake liners a while back, but can't seem to find it again so I decided to just figure it out on my own. I think I did a pretty good job!


What you need:

1- 8 inch wreath (found at Dollar Store $1)

1 pack of cupcake liners (75 count) $2 walmart

Hot glue/glue gun

Extra ribbon/material (to wrap around wreath)

Here's how to make your own:

Step 1- Wrap wreath with extra material or ribbon. This is important because you will not cover the entire wreath with the cupcake liners.


Step 2- Scrunch the cupcake liner like this. Consistency and perfection is not important, you want it to be unique.


Step 3- Place a dot of hot glue on the wreath and firmly press the cupcake liner on the glue. Hold for a few seconds.

Do small sections at a time so the hot glue has time to set before filling in empty spots.

Step 4- Use ribbon to hang up the wreath.

These make great, cheap, and easy decorations for any holiday and gifts for new babies, birthdays, and holidays.

'll have a new craft tomorrow! Capri & Lucy have inspired me to make something new.



2 comments:

Lilymm04 said...

Im glad your back to blogging! I love instructions with pictures!

Jamie B said...

Hi, I love your wreath made from cupcake wrappers.. it really is SO,SO cute! I hope it's okay, I just couldn't help but feature it in my Easter wreath and topiary round-up. You can see it here:

http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/Decorate-Your-Home-for-Easter-Topiary-and-Wreath-Ideas

Thank you so much for sharing!