Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bittersweet

I just received a phone call that the job interview for Friday has been changed to tomorrow. I will be meeting with the same Principal I met with in the last interview for a school that is currently under construction. What I read next was bittersweet....

I decided to do a little research on the school and found out that is being named in honor of a soldier who died in 2006. His name was Cpt. Ian Weikel and he was only 31 years old with an 8 month old baby. He was the quarterback of his football team, which is the other school I am interviewing with next week.

Typically, before an interview I research the school and try to memorize the mission statement, but this time it's a little different. The school does not have a website yet, no mission statement announced, or profiles of staff. It was so emotional reading the articles, stories, and comments made by his family, friends, and fellow soldiers. If I get the position I hope I will be invited to attend the dedication ceremony.


No comments: