Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1....

...of 211. That's how many days a year I will work. Today was my first day and I absolutely loved it. The other staff are welcoming, helpful, and very nice. The Principal is just so blunt and fun. Too bad I'll be moving to another school in August, but that Principal is just as fun. From the moment I got to work it was caotic and constantly going. I was given my "lunch duty" schedule this week and even had to pull my first shift of it today. For those of you who don't know what this is....it's when you have to be with two other teachers in the lunch room monitoring the students and then during recess as well.....oh so fun! lol I even experienced my first scheduled fire alarm with 800 kids to round up. Speaking of "round up" tomorrow is "Cowboy Up" day. I'm super excited for this...maybe it's the southern girl coming out in me. I'm planning to wear my suede boots :) with a knee length skirt, plaid shirt, and my hair in pony tails with fake freckles on my cheeks ;) I have to get in character.

So far, it's a great position and I'm loving it. The kids are so sweet and love to say my name..it's really cute. I was called Mrs. Strader, Mrs. Straker, Mrs. Stryker, and Mrs. Struder...only one kid got it right today..ha!

So, of course I'll take a few pictures at work tomorrow and I'm hoping to get one of the Principal. He's a leather wearing, Harley riding, rough, and tumble kind-of dude so it'll be fun to see him with a belt buckle.

I'm so glad I have been blessed to find a school with a fun atmosphere and wonderful fellow employees to help me along the way. :)

3 comments:

Roxy said...

I thought your last name was Stryker for the longest time...

beachbum said...

haha.. this made me giggle on the last names. I am glad that you are enjoying it. :)

Lilymm04 said...

Yay im super excited for you!