Friday, April 9, 2010

Working Girl

Good news! The position I interviewed for last week has resulted in a job offer. The position is within a school district that has schools on base so I'll be close to Jeff (hoping for weekly lunch dates). I accepted a position that has a two year commitment. I'm very excited about this position and even more anxious to get started....but, I don't have to wait very long. I START ON MONDAY!! I signed a probationary contract today, had my fingerprints done (ha! gotta love a government job), and bought a whole new wardrobe....a little more sophisticated than what I was able to wear in Hawaii schools. No more flip flops and tank tops...it's blazers and cropped pants :)

The school I will be working for is still in the construction process and is not due to be complete until mid-July. But, I will be completing a 2 week probation period at another school. Then, I have the summer off (gotta love a DOE job). I'm so excited to be back in the working world and finally contributing. Jeff is a great provider, but it gets lonely being a housewife...the dogs don't talk much.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to my friends who prayed for me, lifted me up, and texted me sweet reminders that I'd get the job! You were all correct :)

Tonight Jeff and I are celebrating our Anniversary (it was yesterday) with a yummy dinner at our favorite restaurant...Olive Garden followed by either a romantic, funny, or adventurous movie then back home to spoil our pooches. We feel bad they will be spending so much time home alone starting next week. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and Anniversary wishes.

2 comments:

Lilymm04 said...

yay congrats!

Roxy said...

They won't spend too much time alone! The boys will keep them company until I get a job and they're in daycare...